Friday, June 19, 2015

MFT Summer School



Hi all. Have you been enjoying My Favorite Things summer school? This whole week, the MFT team been sharing various lesson in design. Today, our lesson is all about white space.

For many CAS designers, we love white space. Now, when we talked about white space, we're not necessarily talking about white as in the color white. In CAS design, white space = blank space.

Blank space doesn't mean boring. Often, the white space give your eyes a place to rest the eyes, area that give your design a pleasing openness, a pleasing balance. And, no, it doesn't mean it's simple card either. You can add lots of layer and be fancy, but by leaving some blank space, it keep the design from becoming overwhelming.

For my card today, I did go with white for my white space, simply because I do love the color white and I want my penguin to shine bright like a popsicle! :)




How adorable is this li'l guy? Pair him with blue polka dot swim trunk, he's ready to impress. Hah!

Well, today's lesson is definitely one of the most popular subject. Many member of the DT participating in today's class. Please swing by to the main class at MFT blog and check out what teh girls has created for this lesson. So, grab a cup of joe or tea and enjoy the class. TG



2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

OMG I love your card. Just perfection!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love that inking in the background!

Glimmering Buttercups

 Hi there. As fans of hot foiling, I am excited that I get to play with the new Spellbinders Glimmering Buttercup Glimmer Plate & Stenci...