Monday, May 19, 2014

Washi Tape Bird

After spending way too much time on 2 cards for my Gallery Idol entry, today I have a card that's simpler and pretty quick to complete.

Actually, this is the first card that I made for the open audition. It's more my usual CAS & sweet style. Not graphic at all. I am using my favorite image of all time. Birdie!!



Except for the sentiment, everything on this card made with washi tape. I use it as border as well as to create pattern on the bird. Even the beak is made of washi tape.

For the bird. I first cut the shape using Silhouette and then lined up Prima Marketing doilies washi tape to create the perfect round doilies background pattern. Then using a knife I trim the tapes following the bird shape. For the wing part I used Freckled Fawn Random Writing washi tape and repeat the process like I did on  the birdie. Adhere the wing with pop-dots.Repeat the same process for the beak.

At least it's not as much cutting as the other two cards. Looking back, I guess I could say that one thing I am pretty good at is cutting details with knife. I wonder if it has anything to do with knife accident I had when I was a kid. I accidentally cut my finger when I was like 7. It wasn't super big cut, but blood was everywhere and I was crying my eyes out and showing it to my mom. And, I remember her saying, well, now you know why I keep telling you not to play with knife. My mom not the type that freak out when her kids get injured. She's practical and calm.

I think because she didn't freak out, I never get traumatized about using knife and instead learn to use it carefully. Can you imagine, crafting with no knife. Well, I couldn't. It's part of my essential tool.

Well, we'll see how this goes. Last time I made it for Gallery Idol was back on 2010. Cross my finger that I can make it again. If not, well at least I had fun challenging myself to make something awesome. :) Have a blessed week everyone.

3 comments:

Torico said...

This is beautiful. Love it!

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazing card Amy! So very pretty!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty, Vera! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...