Saturday, May 24, 2014

I Admire You

So, yesterday I was pinching myself because of THIS announcement. Happy dance!!



I am so thrilled to be picked as the Top 20 for Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Gallery Idol. Last time I made it into GI was back in 2010. Pretty much it's the event that turned me into card making more seriously. In a sense that I made some awesome friendship from it and I was like, wow, this hobby is awesome. I have friendship that I wouldn't have met if it's not for card making.

I did try again for GI in 2011-2013 and didn't make it. But, I am glad that I never stop trying. Like they said for sure you won't get picked if you don't try. My attitude when I entered this year is whatever happen, happen. If it get picked, yay, if not, okay at least I made something that I am pretty darn proud of.

Quoting Christina from Grey's Anatomy, "If your goal and purpose is to win that award, forget it,  you will never win it. You do what you do because you love it, because it means something, not for the award." Something like that. When I heard it, I was like hey that's great words to live by. Yeah... I am deep like that, getting lesson of life through Grey's. Hah... Go Grey's! ;)

Anyhow.... I am so honored to be among such talents. Seriously, some of the girls are among my favorite card makers! Like Iwona Palamountain for example, oh my word.... that girl has created some amazing work that totally blow my mind. Amy Kolling, one of my favorite! I love her style &I was rooting for her last year. Erin Lee Schreiner has such cool & trendy style. In short, I am excited to be sharing this journey with all 19 girls. Whether it'a short ride or long ride.... I'll just enjoy it.

With this note in  mind, this card is how I feel of my fellow contestants. You all are so awesome!


I'll be brainstorming for the next round, so wish me luck and may you all have a safe & memorable Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments:

Jingle said...

Congratulations, girlie!!! So well deserved!

erin lee creative said...

You are amazing yourself!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I loved your card and the second one is too cute!

Celeste Goff said...

Congratulations to you! You make amazing cards so it's no surprise you would be selected.

Amy Kolling said...

Vera, I'm so humbled by your comment!!! You create amazing cards and I am always in awe of your creativity!!! The best of luck in the rest of the competition!!!! xoxo

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...