Monday, May 26, 2014

Gallery Idol Round 2

Eeek.... It's time for Gallery Idol round 2. The theme for round 2 is die-cutting. And from  the moment I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was shaped card.

After a day of brainstorming, I found my inspiration from Finding Nemo. After all, one of my favorite quote came from  that movie, "Keep on swimming".

So, here's my entry for round 2:


For the card base I used the largest balloon (turned upside down) from Simon Says Stamp Balloon dies set. The water line inside were also cut using the balloon die combine with SSS Curved Edge craft die. Flip the die for the bottom water line.

The seaweed were cut using the leave dies Wplus9 Silver Bells dies set. The fish are from Paper Smooches Briny Blue set. The big red fish were die-cut twice so I can insert a strip of acetate in between to make the fish move-able. See this second pic and you can see the fish swim to the left. :)


To create a glossy look, I die-cut the cover of the card from a piece of acetate, layer it on top and hold the whole card together with a tied bow string. You could barely see the piece of acetate, but if you click on the picture you can see it in larger size and you can see the outline of the acetate on the bottom right corner of the picture.

I hope you like my card and will consider to vote for it. I sure would love to make it to the next round. To vote for your favorite card go to: GALLERY IDOL VOTING



Thank you so much for stopping by here and if you do vote for my card, thank you, thank you, thank you!! And, a quick birthday shout out to my dear brother Jerry who is celebrating his birthday from the hospital bed. Happy birthday, Jerry. I love you, wishing you a very happy birthday and a speedy recovery. xoxo

20 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

Your card was my favorite one, so I voted for you. Fabulous card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Brilliant card, Vera! I love the balloon shape and the way you made the water. Congrats on the top 20!

Trinh said...

Super cute and clever!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Excellent card! Jo x

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! Love the shape, and just the idea of it, so many great details down to the little bow at the top!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolutely brilliant and so clever! Good luck, Vera! xx

Kristie Larsen said...

So so creative Vera! Great job!

Lysa said...

This is so clever Vera- so cute too! Good Luck!

Jill said...

Such a fun card! The fact you made the fish move makes my head spin! Love this --love Nemo too ;) good luck to you Vera! :)

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, what an amazing and creative card! I love everything about it! And I'm sorry to hear that your brother is in the hospital. I hope he recovers quickly.

~amy~ said...

serious cuteness!

Jessica Pascarella said...

Such a unique card! Amazing!

Keren Baker said...

Such a clever card to get so much dimension into a flat card. Love the vellum part- so unique! x hope you get into Round 3!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fantastic card Vera! I love the little scene you created! So clever.

Unknown said...

So adorable and clever!! Love everything about this! :)

Joni Andaya said...

Clever...clever!!! Good luck Vera :)

Shelly said...

Seriously, this is AWESOME! And ADORABLE! Love it!

Lalo said...

I can't get over how adorable this card is! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a totally winner!!!! May

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Extremely CUTE! It is so adorable card!!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...