Friday, April 25, 2014

Purple Onion New Releases: Oscar

Hi all. I am so excited to be joining Purple Onions Design for their Stacey Yacula's new releases. I love, love, love Stacey's cute critters! In fact all my Purple Onions stash are all Stacey's stuff.

A few weeks ago, out of the blue, I got this sweet email asking if I'd like to guest designing for Purple Onions for their new releases. Being a fan of Stacey's designs, I immediately reply yes, yes, yes. I mean, how could I resist?!

Sure enough, when I got the stamps, I was all aw.... how cute. And hubby had to go through the stamp with me as I was showing him... look at this one! And this one! Hah... Yep, the way to my heart is through cute critters. Without further delay, let me introduce you to Oscar! 




I think Oscar is adorable with his sweet, little smile. I had lots of fun making this card. For the background, I sandwiched a sheet of wax paper in between the hexagon embossing folder. Then, I ironed the wax paper to a cardstock panel and add the colors with distress ink. The melted wax create an emboss resist effect that's just super cool. Die-cut the word hello directly on the panel and then added the panel to the card base.

With the CAS design of this card, I am also entering this card to Simon Says Stamps Keep It Simple challenge.

All the new stamps are available starting today at Purple Onions Design. To Michelle, thank you so much for having me and for this opportunity. I am so honored and delighted to work with Purple Onions.

Well, peeps, please come back tomorrow as I'll have more cute Purple Onions card to share with you. I hope you enjoy the new releases. Check out the store and let me know if you have a favorite. :) May your Friday be a good one. Cheers....

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Anonymous said...

Vera,

Loved the cards you created! Thanks for joining us.

Michele

Jo Nevill said...

I'm loving the new Purple Onion stamps - I really want some ! Your card is lovely and I love the image you have used with the big hello sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Alrik said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...