Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Purple Onion Critters Love

A couple years ago, I used to think making cards with flowers were a challenge. They weren't my favorite images to use. Now, I noticed that I've been doing a lot more cards with flowers. I kind of miss my cutesy critters.
 
So, last night, I decided to take out my Purple Onion stamps and play with Puddles, Buttercup & Peanuts for their Birthday challenge.
 
 
The triangle background was my left over from trying out the faux letterpress technique. I used the Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder and rub it with various color ink pad and then emboss the paper. The result is the gradient color background.
 
I was like... aw... cuteness... where have you been. I haven't done much cute design lately and it's kind of refreshing to go back to it. :)
 
Oh, also... if you would kindly check out CardMaker blog today, I'd so appreciate it. I am sharing a fun technique there. Here's a sneak peek of my card. Can you guess what technique I am sharing?? And, isn't the bird cute??
 

 
 
Thank you for your visit here and I'll see you on the next post. Cheers....


5 comments:

Shelly said...

So cute! Love the little critters! And I'm off to check out CardMaker! ;)

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for the link to your tut on the wax-paper relief.
SWEET critter cards:)

Anonymous said...

Love your fun 'stack' of cute critters, the doily background is perfect!

Celeste Goff said...

How adorable is this card? I just adore Purple Onion designs and this card is the sweetest!

Brenda said...

Hi Vera, I love those cuties! Gosh, just too sweet! Have a blessed day my friend!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...