Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shaped Cards


Squeezing in a couple shaped card for this month Hero Arts challenge. I decided to go with the shaped card theme since currently I am taking the online class A Cut Above and on day 3 we were learning about shaped card.

april_theme_500a

And, I finally get to use my new Hero Arts Studio Calico Latice Background stamp. Love this stamp. I think it's gorgeous and can be used for any theme. Here's a look at the first card. 





I really dig the way this one turned out. Stepping out a bit of my typical clean style, but I think the card came out pretty nice. Am also entering this card for Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.

Next is a butterfly shaped card inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card. For the life of me, I couldn't find the post where she posted her original butterfly card, but I know I want to CASE it. :) She's just so talented and I just adore her style. And she is so nice in person as well. Love her.



For both cards, I used my favorite tool of all time, my Silhouette. I have my Silhouette SD going on 3 years now and still love it. And it still working amazingly well. I am so very tempted by the new Silhouette Cameo, but for now it just stay on my wish list. Sigh... my Silhouette truly is the gift that keep on giving. I really should be their spoke person considering I gushed about my li'l machine all the time, don't you agree? ;)

Enough babbling, I thank you all so much for stopping by here and may your day shape out wonderfully. 

8 comments:

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love these Vera! So pretty! That butterfly is gorgeous!

Barb said...

Both cards are beautiful. Vera! Love your shading!

Annette Allen said...

these are awesome...love the beautiful background on each of them...

Kara Lynne said...

Oh, these are beautiful! That lattice stamp is on my want list. I had to laugh - we must be Silhouette soul sisters! I've had mine since it first came out and I use it constantly. I do drool over the cameo, too, but mine works so well.

Chunyuan said...

both cards are beautiful. LI have that SC background stamp on my wish list and love what you did.

Aimes said...

Rockin' the shaped cards, Vera! Fabulous stamping!
Hugs!
x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Vera how to pick, how to pick?!!! With two beauties like these I would say it is a tie for my favorite. Great colors and designs!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, that Lattice background is exquisite! (You make me want to get it! If only hubby knew how much actual crafty "stocking up" I have been doing before we leave for South Africa!) Both these cards are totally beautiful! Love that butterfly!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...