Monday, December 5, 2011

Say Cheese

This past weekend, we spent some time with hubby's parents in Galveston. They have our nephew, Max staying with them for a week. And also, first weekend in December, is when Galveston have their annual  Dickens on the Strand, where people dressed up like the Victorian time and there's vendors & music. 

We don't get to see Max often as he lives in Illinois, so it was fun that we get to spend some time with him. At the festival, I love listening to the band playing Irish song. Makes me want to jig along. :) It makes me wish that hopefully our current or next generation continue to learn some of the old school music instruments and preserve the the culture. 

Another highlight for me was when we get to ride an elephant together. I get to touch and play with the elephant trunk. It was stubbly. Hah! Here's me and Max. We look tiny or what??


Of course, when you have a cute boy around, there's a lot of "Say Cheese" going on. So, I thought this Say Cheese card is appropriate. I am entering this card for Moxie Fab "Celebrating Hobbies" challenge. This card will go to my brother, who's a photographer and he actually has a good collection of cameras, including old school ones.



All the papers are from Bella Blvd.

Speaking about saying cheese, how about some cheesy pics? Grandma bought fun, outrageous hats for Max to bring home for his siblings, and we decided to give them a try. :) We love being silly.


Thank you all for stopping by here. I truly appreciate you all. BTW, Jennifer and I are still counting all the cards for Cards That Care and I think it's safe to say we doubled the amount from last year. Yay!!! :)


6 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your fun card today Vera as well as your lovely and funny pictures! And BTW, congrats on your random win over at Moxie Fab!

Laurel Beard said...

Vera. cute card! Oh, you look like you are about 15! You are so cute and tiny! I love it! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Looks like you all had a great time this past weekend! LOVE the family photos--and your card is fun and cute!! LOVE that camera:)

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Very fun and cheerful card, Vera. hey hey,i really love the hats!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a fun post, vera! and fun card!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...