Thursday, October 27, 2011

Audio Book

Recently, I really get into listening to audio book. And, I found out I can focus and follow the story while I am making cards. What a perfect combination. I love it when I can do two things that I love at once. :)

Right now, I am listening to Rick Riordan "The Lost Hero". I am sure many of you with kids, know the Percy Jackson series and this is a continuation of it. I love Greek mythology, so even though this book is aimed at teenagers/young adults, I really get into it. It's fun to read Greek mythology being weaved into current year. And, I found myself laughing out loud a few times while listening to it.

Pretty much I go through 1 audio book a week. Sometimes 2, as I listen during my drive and then continue at home while making cards. I simply love books. It takes me to many wonderful places in my mind.

Now, that I have shared what I am loving at the moment, how about a card I made while listening to the book? :) I made this card using one of my favorite image from Some Odd Girl, "Kimono Kaylee". Yeah... I have several favorites. Can't help it.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes

The background paper is from Basic Grey. I think it matched the image well. And, hint.. hint.. Some Odd Girl will have a new series of stamp releasing next week. 

Have a great Thursday everyone!

5 comments:

Trina said...

I almost always read books for that age group! I figure they have to be entertaining to keep the kids interested! Just bought that book and his Red Pyramid at Sam's yesterday!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is just so cute... I love that images..

Julie C. said...

Muti-tasking is what women can do!! ^_^ It is a great card and the image is so cute. Can't wait to see some new Some Odd Girl stamps next week.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--love that BG paper! GORGEOUS little gal--and I LOVE that you listen to books while crafting! I listen to sermons and music...can't craft without it:) LOL!

Dawny P said...

What a lovely card and such lovely colours chick :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamap challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...