Friday, March 18, 2011

Snails & Smiles

Today I feel kind of okay and trying my hardest to get back to normal. I went back to work yesterday and just throw myself to work. Not easy, I am telling ya. I'll be in the middle of typing something and holly molly I just burst into tears. What helps is every time I did that, part of my brain start saying, you know Ling, dad probably watching from above and he probably rolled his eyes and said again??! :) And he'll say something silly to make me stop crying. As I think of what he might say that makes me smile. I really think laughter or humor is important to maintain even when you go through tough times. I think it's going to be like this for a while.

So, to cheer myself and to distract myself, at night when it's calm and quiet, I just put all my focus and energy into card making. I recently found Market Street Stamps and won this Slow Movin' set from their February release. I love snail images, so of course, I was excited when I won this. 

And, when I get inky and play with it... oh my... LOVE....! It stamps smoothly and the quality of the rubber is so awesome. Seriously, my heart leap a bit when I stamped and saw the result. After just trying this one set, I am a fan of Market Street Stamps. What I love even more, this snail made me smile. It's just so sweet.

I decided to make the snail movable. And here's the result.



Challenges:
Paper Take Weekly - 3 of Something (mine: 3 stamped items)
Stampavie and More - Spring/Easter
The Outlawz - Animals

I love this snail so much, that I inky another one and play with glimmer mist as well (my first time and I love it!). Yesterday, I found out that Latrice, whom I met at CHA last year is collecting card for one of her co-worker who's son has leukimia. You can find details about Gavin HERE. I am sending this card to Gavin and hopefully this will make him smile.


As these cards brings smile to me, I know with time, slowly the healing process will continue and things will get better. Like my dad used to say, "Everything will be okay." :) As always... take the time to tell your love ones you love them! Have a blessed day.

17 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Great to hear you say that Vera...your Dad must be so proud of you thinking like that...its not easy for you as me writing it but really keep creating these lovely creative beauties and feel the proud your Dad must be having in his smile, when he is watching over you.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog:)

Barb said...

I'm so glad our wonderful hobby is giving you some peace during this tough time. Your cards could not be cuter today! Just love the slider! More hugs being sent to you, Vera!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!

Unknown said...

Very cute, bright and cheerful! Thank you for joining us at The Outlawz!

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

Oh Ling, I had no idea!! Now I know what you were referring to when you said the stamp brightened your day. You are so very sweet and I'm sure your Dad is very proud to see you coping by doing something you truly enjoy. Big hugs to you!

Christiana said...

These cards are both so sweet, Vera! I'm sorry you're going through such a rough, sad time. I'm wishing you brighter days to come.

Tifany said...

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Your cards are so cute! Glad you are liking Market Street Stamps and I can't wait to see what you do with their other stamps!

-Tifany
{DT Member @ Market Street Stamps}
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com

JACKIE M said...

Vera I am so sorry to hear your sad news, Thinking of you,

Jackie x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Darling card Vera! And hoping your days will become easier through you work and your crafting!

recreakhalinne said...

I'm sorry to hear that Vera, I think a lot about you and wish you courage. big kisses

Alice said...

these are sooooooo sweet, Vera! they make me smile, too. big hugs!! =)

Unknown said...

TOOOOO CUTE :)

Virginia L. said...

I'm glad to hear that you are dong some "card-therapy". It will help you heal! This card is so adorable! I'm sure Gavin will love it! Sending big hugs to you!

Cheri said...

Hi Ling, I just found your blog through Outlawz! Great blog. So sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you're finding a way to work through your grief with your craft and art. Your snail card is adorable....it brought big smiles to my face!

http:stampnboomer.blogspot.com

Andrea6760 said...

Hi Vera,

I love your snail cards and they put a big smile on my face here. I have such a soft spot for cute animals and things. Maybe I never quite grew up, but love that fun childish feeling from cute things.

Speaking of feelings, please know that what you are feeling is totally normal. I cried in the middle of the grocery store after I lost my Dad when I saw the Little Debbie's snack cake display because he loved them and always bought them for my kids. It happens and you cant control it, just go with the flow (literally). It shows that you cared and loved and that is very very healthy to be reminded we care.

As times goes on, it will get easier (yeah, everyone says that) but it doesnt mean that you care less, just that when you see the Little Debbie's you smile instead... knowing how lucky you were to have such a wonderful Dad.

Please feel free to contact me at ajgood@comcast.net if you want to talk, vent or even shed some of those tears. Im here for you friend.

*Hugs*
~Andrea

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

kaylou said...

aww what a gorgeous cute card, thank you for joining our spring challenge at SAM.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...