Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yellow...

Hi'ya there peeps. Today, I am buried in my desk and feeling stumped at the same time. This week, I am seriously struggling with my creativity. I mean, I have all kind of ideas swirling in my heads, been jotting down ideas on my sketch book, etc., yet when I sit down on my desk, I just don't quite know what to do.

I think, sometimes, when I have too many ideas, I get overwhelmed. I really need to just decompress and declutter my desk. Usually, I can create card pretty quick. But, not this week. Took me forever to complete any card.

Part of it, I think I get a bit nervous. On Monday, I will be featured on Love My Tapes, and somehow it makes me nervous. I am excited but nervous, too. I've been published in magazine before and I wasn't even that nervous then. Let just say, what makes me really nervous maybe is the fact that I have to work with the color yellow. Not my strong suit. Yellow make my brain feel like jello. :)

As much as I love colors, anything that involve yellow would stumped me to no end. I've been stressing out the whole week about using yellow. Oh well, you'll see on Monday what I am talking about.

Meanwhile, this is a card that I made for Hero Arts challenge and yes, it does have some kind of yellow. I can't get yellow out of my mind. LOL, didn't I tell you color can affect me so much?? After this week, I think I'll get away from yellow for awhile. :) This card, had me staring at my desk for awhile. Not quite sure how to finish it, then I was crazy enough to do layers. Oh my gosh, the detail, the cutting, I was about ready to give up. Anyhooo, this is the end result.


Pretty happy with the way it looks. And I know my mom will love this! :) I colored the poppy with my prismacolor pencils this  time. Mixing the red and orange, then cover it with the glossy accent. To create dimension, most of the poppy blossoms are popped with pop dots.

Okay, hope you enjoy your weekend. Husband calling. Time to go grab some italian ice cream! :) Ciao!

5 comments:

Lin said...

Vera, this card is fantastic - WELL worth all the time you spent on it. And I'm sure your card(s) for next week will be fine, too. Try to equate yellow with the warm sun, and see if that helps you any. Maybe it will at least relax you! I think yellow will go with almost every color, so don't sweat it! Relax......

Nancy said...

WOW, Vera! I love your card. You can tell that a lot of thought and work went in to this creation. It is beautiful! I agree with Lin too. Yellow can be seen as a neutral and will go with many colors. I hope your Monday goes well!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is stunning! Such beautiful and bold colors!

Harriet H said...

Beautiful card.... what Mother wouldn't love to get that card...

Harriet

SUSAN said...

I love this aone, Sister Vera.
Soooo simple and elegant.....

hugs:susan quilling

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...