Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scrapbook time

A little switch-a-roo from my regular card post. I actually made a couple pages this weekend. In case you didn't know, my love of paper crafting start with scrapbooking and then branch out to card making.

I've been scrapbooking since high school (although back then I didn't know it was called scrapbooking), and seriously get hooked on it since 1997. I  was a scrapbook consultant for 4 years, then I taught intermediate to advance scrapbook class for a LSS. Then my life took certain turn and for a couple years, I didn't do any scrapbooking. I did manage to continue making cards here and there.

Last year, I made 4 albums. All presents, for my mom and for my in-laws. This year, I want to focus on our (hubby, me, and the critters) scrapbook. Yesterday, I completed this layout of my babies. I can't tell you how exhilirating it was. I love every minute of it. I love looking at the colors, the pattern, the process of seeing it all coming together. It was fun. Maybe it's because I haven't scrapbook just for myself for so long, that when I did this page, I was just very excited. It such a simple thing, then again I am a believer of enjoying the simple things in life.

Here's my page of Ollie (the pug princess) and Nick (my Sheltie boy). It's simple page, but I love it. :)


What do you think? Aren't my babies cute? Okay, okay, I know they look more like spoiled brats on these pics, LOL, but yes, my pug actually love laying on her back like that. Hope you don't mind we're doing a bit of scrapbook here. Hoping I can do more pages this year, so my post can be a mix of pages and  cards. Well, you all have a great Sunday and may your day be a sunny one. Hugs, Vera (Ling)

No comments:

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...